By: Johana M. Caba, M.A.
Video editing does not have to be difficult! Usually we think only big influencers, trained professionals and self-taught creators can edit videos like a pro. But, there are video editing apps on the app store that can make it easier. I am a self-taught video editor using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Premiere Rush, but there are many apps that can make it easier for you to edit, even when you are on-the-go and don't have time. I decided to write this post to help fellow bloggers and creators after I saw how many loved my post on photo editing apps and Instagram stories tips. In this post, I will go over 4 apps that are good to use for beginners.
1. Adobe Premiere Rush: This Adobe app is easy to use and gives you flexibility when editing. You do not have to be on desktop to do a good edit because this app allows you to do it on your phone. You can put clips together, add background music, add titles and subtitles, add logos and graphics, and it makes sharing easy. The app includes social media sharing. Some more features it includes are being able to enhance colors and adjust the speed of your clips. There are two versions that you can have. The FREE version allows you 3 exports, access to all features, and only 2GB of storage. The paid version costs $9.99 per month and includes unlimited exports, access to all features, sync projects on mobile and desktop, and 100GB of storage.
2. Splice: This is a FREE video editing app for iPhone and iPad. Another easy to use video editing app, it allows you to edit on your phone and share online. Some of the features it includes are trimming, transitions, sound effects, borders, background music and voice over. They also allow you to add text to your videos. On their Splice Blog, they have a lot of editing tutorials and tips if you are interested in using this mobile app to edit your videos.
3. InShot: This is a FREE iOS and Android app. It is essentially an all in one app where you can edit the video by trimming and adding sound effect while being able to add text, effects, filters and stickers. This app also includes a canvas feature that lets you adjust the video to the dimensions of the platform you will be sharing it on. The app does not have many tutorials or tips on how to use it, but while researching I found this blog post on Elegant Themes that might be helpful if you want to use this app.
4. KineMaster: This app is very popular because it brings a lot of professional video editing features to an app that is not difficult to use. It allows users to add many layers including text, handwriting overlays, transition effects, audio and image layers. Like the other apps, it allows for sharing on social media. This app is available on iOS and Android. It is not a free app aside from the 7-day free trial. It costs $4.99 per month or $39.99 per year. Some of the other features that this app includes are stickers, themes, frame-by-frame trimming, audio filters, animation styles, and much more!
These 4 apps are easy to use for beginners and include great features for attention-grabbing social media videos. The majority of them are free while some have paid versions. From experience, Adobe Rush and Adobe Spark are easy to use for editing quick videos that are ready to share on social media. Adobe Spark also has a video editing app on mobile and it is also available to use on desktop. I hope these apps help you on your content creation journey for your social media marketing and content marketing purposes.
By: Marlene I. Urena
So you have implemented a social media strategy for your business, but you don’t know how to monitor its success. This is where social media analytics comes in handy! Tracking social media analytics is a vital step for business success because it can expose any areas that need improvement in your company’s online strategy. Let’s go over how social media analytics work and what they can reveal
How do these tools work?
Social media platforms each have their analytics available for business pages and even personal accounts. This tool allows you to monitor multiple metrics that can be used to analyze how well your social media strategy is working. The information provided by these metrics is public, but no personal information is compromised in the numbers these platforms expose. There are even other analytics tools like HootSuite and Social Studio, which allow you to monitor the performance of multiple accounts on different platforms, giving you an overall view of how your company’s marketing strategy is performing online.
Before looking at any analytics on social media, however, businesses must review the goals of their strategy. Did you want to boost your engagement total by 1,000 per post? Did you want to shorten your response time to under 2 minutes? By defining the goals of your strategy, you will be able to effectively analyze whether or not it is performing as intended. You will be able to see if the outcome of the strategy falls in line with the numbers you wanted to achieve. If not, then there needs to be a re-evaluation of the strategy to find out what can be done in a better way. Overall, Social media analytics are great tools to use in measuring the success of a social media strategy and business can only benefit from employing their use.
By: Johana M. Caba, M.A.
What is a content calendar? You might have heard of content calendars, editorial calendars and marketing calendars but you might not know what those terms mean. Well, a content calendar, editorial calendar or marketing calendar are used in the marketing and public relations industries to create strategic plans for businesses and and individual clients. By definition, a content calendar is a publishing schedule that is used by bloggers, businesses, and other organizations to plan and publish content across different media outlets like magazines, blogs, social media, newsletters and newspapers. If you have never heard of these terms, then you might not know where to start. As a new blogger, content creator or small business it is important for you to develop a content calendar to plan, create and publish content throughout different media outlets to aid you in your promotional strategies. Below are some tips on creating your first content calendar and if you want the full guide, you can purchase it at the end of this post for $8 USD. We also have a FREE Beginners Guide to a Public Relations Plan for Small Business and Bloggers which you can get right now in your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.
By: Johana M. Caba, M.A.
Affiliate marketing is an arrangement between an online business and an external website or influencer in which the business pays commission to the website or influencer for website traffic or sales. We see many influencers, bloggers and other content creators that use affiliate marketing as a way to make money from their content. There are many arrangements that businesses can do. Some of the most popular affiliate programs that I've seen include ShareaSale and Amazon Affiliates. But can a small business have an affiliate program? The answer is yes, but it depends.
As a small business, you might have a brick-and-mortar store or be a completely online business. There are many things small businesses can do through social media marketing in order to increase traffic to their websites. Some small businesses only use social media to post while others incorporate social media ads into their online marketing strategy. Others might use influencers to promote their products by either offering their services for free or gifting their products to influencers for good reviews and shoutouts. With affiliate marketing, small businesses can do a partnership with influencers and other online content creators instead.
On one hand, it might be more beneficial to continue offering free services to influencers if you can afford it. For example, a hair salon or nail salon can continue offering free services to influencers that promote the businesses through their social media. On the other hand, other small businesses might not be able to continue thriving by offering free products. In this case, I think it would be better for them to implement an affiliate program where a portion of the sale goes to the person or website promoting the products or services. Essentially, affiliate marketing is a way of outsourcing for the small business because it allows the small business to use marketing expertise within their niche without needing to spend a lot of their resources on marketing. This is also a performance-based program which means that your small business is only paying for results, not spending extra money on direct advertising. Overall, utilizing this form of marketing allows you to reach a larger audience by using experienced sales people. It also promotes higher website traffic and conversion rates because of those sales people which can guide customers to your website in a more organic way than by using typical ads.
If you are a small business owner and you would like to begin an affiliate program for your online business, take a look at the following tips and resources.
By: Johana M. Caba, M.A.
Content Planning is essential in content marketing. It is also essential to have a strong content strategy! Planning good content will help in creating your strategy and ensuring that your content marketing goals are achieved. Take a look at some of our older posts for more information on planning strategic content and creating a winning strategy. And, if you are not sure what a content strategy is, take a look at our blog post explaining everything for you. Now, let us discuss our 5 essential content planning tools for small business, bloggers and other content creators!
1. Planners: I think planners are one of the best ways to help you keep organized, write down your ideas and plan out when you will write and post your content. For the most part, I used to utilize planners in school to write down my tasks and deadlines. After graduating college, I stopped using the planner in favor of virtual tools, but I find that they do not keep me accountable. I prefer writing my weekly tasks, ideas and posting schedule on a physical planner that I carry from my home office to my other business locations. Get my new planner today! The Blogger's Planner 2021 is your all in one content planning tool for bloggers where you can plan, track metrics and have tips right in your hands!
2. Google Calendar and Google Sheets: If you prefer a virtual planner, then I suggest Google Calendar and Google Sheets. The calendar will help you stay organized and plan which days you will be writing, creating, designing and posting content. It also helps you keep on top of scheduled meetings. Google Sheets can be used for creating a content calendar. Here you can select the dates for posting, write down the titles, select your image or video, write your copy and add in any links and social media handles that you will be using to tag others. You can also collaborate with your team which helps everyone stay on the same page. We will be creating a Content Calendar 101 soon to help you with your content planning needs!
3. HootSuite: I am a big fan of HootSuite because the platform is easy to use and free. There is a paid version for larger companies and teams with more content creators and social media managers. With that said, HootSuite is a social media marketing tool which helps you schedule the content that you will post on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. There are other platforms like it out there, but this is my go-to and they have an app so you can do your planning on the go! Overall, HootSuite is a great content planning tool because it helps you schedule things in advance which helps you stay consistent when you don't have much time to be active on social media.
4. ContentCal: This is a new tool that I came across while researching for this post. ContentCal is essentially a mapping software that helps users and teams visualize their planned content from social media to planned blogs. It makes it easier to visualize, prepare and plan content and campaigns for future dates. I will be trying this one out myself, but from everything that I've read, it is a great content planning tool for businesses, bloggers and other creators.
5. Canva & Visme!: Yes, Canva again. Canva is great for creating graphic designs for your social media posts, blogs, website banners and ads. It has pre-designed layouts that make things easier when you are in a rush and the Pro version has a lot of photos that you can use if you do not have the time to go out and take pictures. And now, they also allow you to post and plan posts directly from their website to your social media platforms. Finally, Canva also has calendar and planner layouts that help you create your own planners and calendars to print to use and to share with others! Visme is also a great tool! Visme is a cross-over between Canva and PowerPoint. You have all of the essential features that you would have on PowerPoint to create slides for your presentations. But, it goes a step further. Visme is similar to Canva in that it has a similar interface. It gives you access to stickers, different fonts and a lot of themes. Additionally, it gives you access to shapes, stock images and characters that have movement. Visme is also used for other forms of content like flyers, scatter plots, and social media graphics. There is a free version and a paid version which gives you access to many more features. The paid version costs about $12, which is about the same as what you would pay for Canva Pro. Visme is a great tool to use to present your content plans to your team mates, show analytics and other Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to managers and executives, and it is a great tool to use for any presentations you will be creating for webinars. Below are some links to the Visme pages showing you exactly what types of designs you can do and how versatile this platform is:
Visme is used to make Graphs and Charts:
Visme is used to also create Printables such as Flyers
Visme is also used to create Scatter Plots:
https://www.visme.co/scatter-plot-maker/ scatter plot maker
Visme is also used to publish Survey results:
Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and in the Canva Affiliate Program, these are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com, Canva.com and affiliated sites.